02 Feb 28 Valentine’s Day Ideas & Romantic Gestures to get you ready for a month of romance
Here at Wild Goat HQ, we’re all for experiences, not things (the true secret to happiness), so we’ve compiled a list of 28 inexpensive Valentine’s Day ideas & romantic gestures to get your creative juices flowing and keep you loved up the entire month of February!
We all know what February means …Valentine’s Day is just around the corner (along with all of the commercialisation that goes with it). So whether the 14th of February fills you with excitement, dread or indifference, our team thinks it’s a nice reminder that spoiling yourself, or loved ones, should be a part of your daily routine.
Before we begin, don’t start fretting over your bank balance, as there are lots of ways to be romantic on the cheap. The added benefits of this line of thinking is that you can afford to be romantic year round, finding little, inexpensive ways to show the one you love that you appreciate them, week in week out.
Our 28 Valentine’s Day Ideas & Romantic Gestures…
- Write little love notes and leave them all around the house
- Compile + send a Spotify playlist with all of your favourite couple songs (a trip down memory lane – from when you first met through to present day)
- Give a full-body massage
- Make breakfast in bed + snuggle together
- Wake up early to go and watch the sunrise together
- Buy a nice wine, grab a picnic blanket + lay out under the stars
- Cook a romantic dinner
- Take your partner on a trip down memory lane, to where you first met
- Go to a movie or transform your lounge room into a cinema, with home-made popcorn + chocolates
- Email your loved one a list of everything you love about him/her
- Do something your partner loves, which you don’t particularly enjoy
- Exercise together (what’s not to love about getting hot + sweaty together!)
- Say I love you. Everyday.
- Take a long walk on the beach (holding hands is a must!)
- Re-create your first date
- Go on a romantic bike ride together
- Sit and talk for hours about your hopes + dreams (no distractions)
- Make an outdoor fire and snuggle together while you cook marshmallows
- Have a candle-lit bath together
- Hand-feed each other chocolates
- Dress up in your favourite lingerie (or nothing at all) + wait for your partner to arrive home
- Pick flowers on your way home
- Arrange a babysitter for the night + go on an adventure
- On a full moon (or starry night), blindfold your partner and drive to the beach to take them on a romantic walk
- Go outside and kiss in the rain, like your lives depend on it
- Give your partner a relaxing head and neck massage
- Go to your local adult store + see if anything catches your fancy
- Both of you call in sick to work + spend the day together, in bed, watching movies, eating take-out!
Although simple, these Valentine’s day ideas and romantic gestures, go a long way in making your special someone one feel loved.
The Humble Picnic Rug…
Tip: If you’re ready to get those romantic juices flowing (we know they’re in there somewhere), but have no idea where to start, then look no further. Our Wild Goat go-to for anything romantic starts with the humble picnic rug, as you can whip it out on a romantic whim and take in an unexpected moment together, wherever that may be. Our personal favourites are by the oh-so-talented Wanderingfolk. Their gorgeous variety of textured picnic rugs are printed on high quality waterproof canvas (made to last a lifetime) and come with a handy woven strap, for ease of carrying. Beware of the adventures which may follow!